Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We didn't really need much today, but today was the last day for Wonderbread to be $1 and I had a coupon that would make it free. I ran into the Kroger in Madison when school got out to discover 5 carts full of 'manager's specials.' I dug through and got Bisquick and 2 muffin mixes. I also found that even though their sale week starts tomorrow, the prices were already marked today. But I left some coupons at home! So I got the few things at the Madison Kroger, went home to grab coupons, then headed to the Ridgeland Kroger (Madison was also out of the $10/10 Hefty One-Zip Bags I wanted. I have a coupon that would make them free.) So we set out for the Ridgeland Kroger. Well they were also out of the Hefty Bags, but we only spent $0.18! (I did get a rain check for the Hefty bags though, the manager even wrote it so I can get ANY package of Hefty bags for $1!)




Transaction 1 (Madison):
Bisquick - normally $4.99, manager's special for $2.00. I didn't have a coupon.
2 Muffin Mixes - normally $1.29 each, manager's special $.50 each, had coupon that made both free
2 loaves of Wonderbread - $10/10, had coupons that made both free
2 bottles Hunts ketchup - $10/10 each
1 bottle Kroger Ranch dressing - $10/10, had coupon that made it $0.40

Total before savings: $18.12
Total spent: $ 4.82
Total savings: 74%

Transaction 2 (Ridgeland):
1 Cattleman's BBQ sauce - $10/10, had coupon that made it free
1 French's Yellow Mustard - $10/10, had coupon that made it free
1 French's Honey Mustard - $10/10, found coupon on Yellow Mustard that made it free
1 Dial Handsoap - $10/10, had coupon that made it free

Total before savings: $9.86
Total spent: $0.18 (all tax)
Total savings: 100% <------- this was very exciting!


Hunt's ketchup will actually be $0.88 Friday-Sunday at Brookshire's. I should have looked before I leaped!

2 comments:

  1. Love the name of the blog! I can't wait to see all your deals so I can get some good ideas on shopping smarter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you need a HOW TO post for those of us who are shopping incompetent. My shopping used to be to shop grocery store brands as much as possible...but sounds like you know how to do it even better. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!